Current FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE
Congratulations to Megan W. for winning our FINAL COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE!
As the top fundraising individual for the
Ride for the Cure as of September 14, 2018, Megan won one month of unlimited yoga with Corepower
Yoga and a set of Kendra Scott jewelry (total value of $520)*!
Fundraising for the Ride for the Cure will remain open until September 28, 2018.
Thousands of women and men who could not afford breast health care have received screenings, education and treatments as a result of dollars raised through fundraisers just like you. Join the fight to save lives and end breast cancer forever by committing to a personal fundraising goal today - we need your help to make the biggest impact possible against this disease.
Here are some tips from past top Fundraisers.
- Set a personal goal today (we suggest $360, the cost of 2 mammograms in Chicago).
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment!
- Utilize your Participant Center. Take advantage of online tools including a customizable web page and email templates (login now) to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Spread the word on Social Media. Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook and Twitter.
- Partner with your workplace with Matching Gifts. Does your company have a matching gift program?
- Send a letter. Reuse your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas
Here are a few things to know and share with everyone…
- Up to 75% of Komen’s net revenue is used to support local community-based education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net income funds national and global research, turning knowledge into better approaches to treatment, early detection, and prevention, with the overall goal to reduce breast cancer deaths.
- All donations are tax-deductible
- Learn more about our local grants program and how we serve our local community here click here.
- Remember to ask your employer and your donors for Company Matching Gifts
- Share your personal story of why you’re running or walking to end breast cancer
- Learn more about the research Komen does around the globe